Thursday, July 24, 2008

Help From God In A Busy World

I spent the better part of my morning driving around town putting in applications and talking to managers looking for a job, so that I will have the money to pay my insurance and the rising cost at the pump. By the time I got home to lunch, I was tired, hot,(my AC. is not working,) and somewhat aggravated that I had only gotten to fill out one application, having been turned down by every place I tried.
I ate lunch and checked my e-mail just in time to get a phone call from D.B.C (Daytona Beach Community,) the college I am going to attend. The Vise President of student development wanted me to come out to the campus to fill out some paperwork. I got to the college and sat there forever, filling out stack after stack of endless paperwork. It seemed like it would never end. I finally finished and was able to leave campus, (after I stuck a new student parking permit on my windshield,) but no matter how busy I was today, I still couldn’t get the Ranch of the Boys there off of my mind.
I arrived back at my humble abode, took my Bible from its place on the shelf, settled myself in bed, and began to read. Looking through it, I found tow verses that seemed to ease my mind. The first one was Psalm 51, verse 12,

“Restore unto me with the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.”

The second one was Matthew chapter 5, verse 4,
“Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.”

I spent some time praying after I read those and realized that I do have the strength to continue, to make a successful person out of myself. I still miss everyone, but now I know that I can move on and live my life to the fullest.

No comments: